A created Competition is always put in the Ready state sub menu that you can find in the CompetitionLabs platform as shown in the example below.
What can you do with a created Competition?
Navigate to Competitions → Ready and press on the created Competitions Id. Inspecting the competition shows you information about the competition.
1. Competition state
- Ready – a competition has not started yet. When a contest is created in a Ready competition the time of the contest start and end dates are identical to the competition.
- Active – a competition is live and running. A competition can be Active even without a contest inside.
- Cancelled – a cancelled competition is almost the same as delete – all our information is archived so a cancelled state has also its own field and folder.
- Finished – when a competition ran for its duration and it finished successfully.
2. Competition manual state change active action buttons
- Start – a competition can be started before the auto start time. So the container duration extends for example if a competition has to start 12:00 and and at 13:00 and you manually started it 11:45 that means the competition will run from 11:45 to 13:00 (competition duration 1 hour 15 minutes)
- Cancel – a competition can be canceled at any state.
3. Contest preview screen
4. Entrants preview screen
5. Translations preview screen
6. Metadata preview screen
7. Competition leaderboard
8. Contest creation action button
Via API you can create a Competition, delete a Competition, preview the created competition and so on. You can read more about the Competitions available API resources here.
The buttons that are shown in the screen above are used as follows:
- – Launch Competition is an icon button that lets you manually start the competition. When the competition is manually started it is automatically moved to the Active sub menu of the CompetitionLabs platform.
- – Cancel Competition is an icon button that lets you manually cancel the competition. When the competition is manually cancelled it is automatically moved to the Cancelled sub menu of the CompetitionLabs platform.
- – Competition Leaderboard is an icon button that lets you preview the members that participated in the competition.
- Contest section. – Add contest is an icon button that lets you create a Contest within a Competition. You can read about contest creation in the
- – Contest Preview lets you look at all the contests you have created.
- – Entrants lets you view all the members that are legible to participate in the Competition.
- – Translations lets you view all the languages added and translated details in the created Competition.
- – Metadata shows the metadata added for clients reference.