The adjustment factor is a consistent value that impacts the points calculated and displayed on the leaderboard.
If an event is sent with a source value of 3 for a product called Fruits (Bet 3) and The Fruits game has an adjustment factor of 1.2, then the points value that will be shown for this event is 3.6
The adjustment value can be set in 3 levels:
Level 1 - Product
Level 1 is used for the basic product points value when different products have different points values. The first level where the adjustment factor is set is in the Products. A Product can be created manually, or be auto-generated if an event is sent to our system with the Products information.
- An auto-generated product will have a pre-set adjustment factor of 1. You can edit and change the adjustment factor.
- A manually created product can be created with any value of your choice. The adjustment factor can be edited and changed
Level 2 - Actions
The Actions level is used when different actions in different products have different values. This level, where the adjustment factor is overwritten by the action adjustment factor, is also in the Products section. For the action adjustment factor to work, you need:
- A Product, which can be manually created or auto-generated if an event is sent to our system with the product information.
- An action, which can be manually created at Settings -> Action Helper, or auto-generated if an event is sent to our system with the Action information, e.g. a Bet.
When a product and an action exist in your account, then navigate to the Products section and edit the product. In the Products edit section -> Action adjustment factors, select an action and add a value, which will overwrite the original Product adjustment factor, e.g. if a Product had an adjustment factor of 1.2 and you selected for the action a Bet with an action adjustment factor of 2, when a source value of Bet 3 is sent, then the points value will be 6 (3 x 2 = 6).
Level 3 - Rules
The Rules level is used for a tournament-specific points calculation and overwrites Product and Action adjustment factors. For the Rules to work you will need:
- A Product manually created or auto-generated, and an event is sent to our system with the products information.
- An action (optional) manually created by navigating to Settings -> Action Helper, or auto-generated, and an event is sent to our system with the Action information, e.g. a Bet.
- A competition – navigate to Competitions -> New Competition – Quick. In Competitions creation Step 4: Rules, add a rule which will overwrite All the adjustment factors. Here you need to select the Ruleset – Custom Rules. Custom Rules lets you Add or subtract points.
When you select in Custom rules the Add or subtract points, you get an option Use my adjustment factor, which will overwrite the Products adjustment factor.