Event Consumers configure the connection between an incoming event queue via RabbitMQ or Kafka and a Transformer. To create an Event Consumer you first need:
- A Transformer for it to work. How to create a Transformer you can read in the Transformers section.
- An event Consumer for the transformer to work. When you have a transformer then in Settings → Event Consumers press on Add Consumer Config as shown in the example. You can read about how to create an Event Consumer by navigating to Settings → Event Consumers → Event Consumer creation or quickly navigating by pressing on the link here.
The icon buttons that are used in the Event Consumers section are explained as follows.
- Add Consumer Config lets you start creating a new event consumer.
- Save lets you create the event consumer that you were creating. If the information is filled out incorrectly then you can not create and the information that is incorrect will be highlighted red.
- Close means that you want to cancel whatever you are creating. By pressing Close you do not get an additional pop up of asking if you want to close so the information that was input will be deleted and will not be restored so whatever you wrote you have to do it again.
- Start lets you start the event consumer.
- Edit lets you edit the information of the created event consumer.
- Delete lets you delete the created event consumer from the list.